Requirements for the professional data entry clerks:
- Fast typing speed without loss in quality as an employee deals with a huge amount of information. Average speed is 50 words per minute. The super typist reaches 120 words and more. If you want to beat the Guinness Book record of Stella Pajunas in 1946, be ready to achieve at least 217 words per minute.
Main responsibilities of data entry clerk:
- Accuracy, high concentration, memorization, emotional patience is as important as speed. Big but incorrect reports are useless.
- Software knowledge is needed to work easily with spreadsheets, forms, databases, word processors, record management software, internet resources.
- Advanced communication skills and team-player features are always an advantage. Big databases can be divided between a group of data entry freelancers. Many questions may appear during the work. The easier a discussion is the better for your busines
Curious facts about data entry work for your business
- Searching and verifying the accuracy of information, making corrections;
- Databases and spreadsheets processing;
- Data entry from Excel, images and PDF files;
- Editing, sorting, copying, pasting of numeric, alphabetic and symbolic data;
- Working with emailing lists;
- Capturing content from online resources;
Nowadays computerization lay down the rules on how to behave and communicate. At the time of messengers, social media and email correspondence formal contacting is gradually being dislodged. Even so, typo-ridden data is perceived as unprofessional and may ruin your reputation. You still have all the chances to clear your name even in case you are a habitual writing offender. But are you ready to compensate millions of dollars for the misplaced comma?
- In 1962 NASA tried to send the interplanetary probe Mariner 1 to Venus. The hyphen responsible for the trajectory and speed was missing in the code. In few minutes after the takeoff Mariner 1 exploded. That typographical mistake cost $80 million.
- Dreaming about the first class flight from Toronto to Cyprus? In 2006 Alitalia Airlines made 2000 travellers extremely happy by proposing them to buy $3.900 tickets just for $39. It was a typo on the website. The company lost $7.2 million.
- A 150-year old bottle of Allsopp's Arctic Ale was bought on the auction website for $300. The inattentive seller missed one letter in the name so collectors did not notice that unique item. The buyer resold the bottle for $503 300. It was a lucky day for him!
Hiring data entry clerks worth the money to deal with your business to avoid all unpleasant consequences.